Friday, June 14, 2013

Simple, Light, Refreshing: Infused Water


Infused water, it's amazing. Low to no calories while still being healthful, hydrating, and impressive if served while entertaining (or heck, impress yourself, I did! I made the photographed one as a reward for me, for transplanting a wild rose from the back yard to the front one.) There are so many variations, and they are a simple way to get myself to drink more water. What can I say? I think water is so boring! I know it's good for me, but I'd rather drink tea or kombucha or iced coffee or some other concoction. In the hot weather, I know I need just plain old water, but I don't wanna! So here's my compromise! Serve it in a large glass carafe or pitcher, in mason jars, in wine glasses, anything fun and fancy. It's like being little and playing tea party. :)

The one pictured is lemon and mint: to one gallon of plain filtered water (or whatever water you drink, ours is filtered from a well.), add a whole lemon, sliced thin, and a few stalks of mint, crushed gently. Let it sit and chill for 30 minutes to get a really good flavor to it, then serve over ice!

Other variations to play with: strawberry and basil, lime and mint, tangerine and cucumber, lemon and thyme, raspberry and rosemary. Fresh herbs, citrus fruits, and berries are all great items to start with. Nectarines, apples, pears, and other orchard fruits are lovely as well.  If you want to really live on the edge, try some edible florals, they all have unique essences to lend. The sky's the limit. Enjoy your de-boring-ified hydration!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment