Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Miraculous Homemade Shower Cleaner

You know, most of the time I pin things on pinterest that I'll never follow through on, but are great ideas. Some of them just cost too much money, or take too much time, or require items or ingredients I'll never remember to buy, or...well, you get the point. This one is one where it was a. cheap, b. fast and easy, c. required only two ingredients that I always have on hand. I had to try it, and I'm so very glad I did! It's amazing, and I'll always have some around from here on out! So consider this pin tested! I hate scrubbing showers, they're just awful. I don't like using things with tons of fumes or perfumes, and I don't want to break my back bending over a tub for hours scrubbing it out. Who does? This stuff does all the work while I waited, and with a light wipe down (not scrub, wipe down!), and a spray from my detachable shower head (or diaper sprayer, or a bucket of water), it was all done and looking oh so sparkly. :) Want the recipe?? Of course you do! Here it is!


Miraculous Magical Homemade Shower Cleaner

Dawn Original Liquid Soap (the blue kind)
White Vinegar

Mix equal parts Dawn and Vinegar, spray on your shower evenly, and let it sit for half an hour. Wipe down with a cloth or sponge or scrub brush for hard to reach crevices and drain parts. Rinse with clean water. Smile at how clean and easy it was! I was AMAZED and a little grossed out with how different my shower and tub looked. It's my go-to shower cleaner now. I've also started storing it in the bathroom in one of those hollow-handled soap dispensing scrubbing wands and using it any time I need to touch up in between full shower cleanings.

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I use baking soda sprinkled o the walls, spray vinegar on top. T foams up and gets into all those corners and crevices. A few minutes later, wash it down with hot water and a little scrubbing.

    ReplyDelete