Friday, May 3, 2013

♫ They say it's your birthday! ♪


Spring is here, which means it's birthday season in my family. My husband's birthday was last weekend, and at the end of May, my mother, father, and I are all sharing birthdays in a week's span. Birthdays are celebrated in so many ways in different families, and I love hearing about birthday traditions. In my house, I continue my childhood favorite tradition: choosing the menu for dinner. I always pick Chicken Joseph Florentine, oh my gosh, just typing that I realize it's been forever since I ate that. Now I'm thinking that I need to make some and blog it? I digress! Back to birthdays. So here we do you pick the menu. :) On my son's most recent birthday, he chose pancakes with fruit, sushi out for lunch, and mac and cheese for dinner. Last weekend for hubby, it was omelets and pancakes, leftover baked fusili in bolognese (it was sooo good), and a balsamic and coconut cream sauce on meatballs with sauteed bok choy and quinoa, my homemade cheesecake was desert. (The picture is my son admiring the cheesecake while it cools, it's the first time I've EVER made it without it cracking! I had to get photographic proof) We love to cook in our family! We also try to go out for some family fun, son chose the aquarium, one of his favorite spots, husband picks outdoorsy things, hiking and kayaking. 

There's another important birthday coming up soon: greenberries'! We'll be having a party, and you're definitely invited, so keep an eye out for your invitation very soon! In the meantime, share with us how you celebrate your birthday, and your family's birthdays! We want to hear from you. You can use our poll and the comments section and tell us what makes a birthday complete in your house.


How do you celebrate birthdays?
  
pollcode.com free polls 

No comments:

Post a Comment