Thursday, May 16, 2013

Shake up and Wake Up! : My Morning Mason Jar Iced Coffee

It's become a favorite part of my morning routine: pouring up the perfect iced coffee. Sometimes I mix it up in the flavor department: chocolate, vanilla, hazelnut, but it's the same simple steps that are comforting both in their simple repetition, their cost effectiveness (sorry, Starbucks', you're welcome, bank account) , and the ability to shake up and wake up my morning. Not to mention, it's super easy. Here's how to do it!

  • Brew your coffee, however you usually do. I like to grind and press mine, then let it come to room temperature before pouring it up into mason jars and letting it chill in the fridge overnight. That's the easiest way I've found, but you could also cold press it or drip brew some, the important parts are : coffee, cool, jars. :) I fill them about halfway to two thirds of the way. 
  • Get your ingredients together, the jar of chilled coffee, cream or milk, sweetener of your choice, flavorings if you're using any, and ice. If you're feeling extra indulgent, you can get a whipped cream or sprinkle/shaker topping or drizzle for the finishing touch.




That's it! The whole thing! Take it to go or drink it right away, I do both. Sometimes I have another in the afternoon, but no matter what time of day I make it, It always brings as smile to my face. I hope it brightens up your day as well! Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment