Sunday, April 7, 2013

Let's get to know each other!

 
One of the few “locals” still around, I grew up in Silver Spring, received my BS at UMD College Park, and headed out west to earn my MBA at ASU.   For the next 15 years, I worked in human resources and recruiting, building and training teams at The Washington Post and the Discovery Channel, among numerous technology start-ups.  After managing several mass layoffs, I left the corporate world to travel and work abroad, and then while consulting for Mars (the M&Ms company) in 2008, I began to piece together a business plan for my own retail consignment store.  From the beginning, I wanted to stand out from the “typical”, and offer a boutique experience, while focusing on building a community.  Opening our doors in May of 2009, we’ve grown in so many directions that I could not have envisioned, and it’s been a thrilling ride.  My staff has grown to 10 (!!) and each of these mamas contribute their own expertise, humor, and spin to the team.  I am mom to Sophie (7) and Jack (5), two stepchildren, Ashley & Bryce, and Mango, our yellow lab mix.  I can’t wait to see how we grow over the next 4 years!

Hello! My name is Abby and I am a 31-year old new mom of a bubbly baby boy.  I love my new life as a momma- it keeps me busy around the clock (I also work full-time as a civil engineering technician).  I am also the proud momma of 6 furbabies: 5 cats and a dog.  I am still finding my niche in the world of mom-things; much of it is trial and error.  I do try to keep things as earth and animal friendly as best I can: we cloth diaper and I am always looking for new cruelty-free baby (and mommy) products to try out (and LOVE!).  Before I got pregnant, I kept a vegan lifestyle,  but decided to go vegetarian during pregnancy and while breastfeeding.  I plan to transition back once the little guy starts solids.

A little more than thirty years ago I was born in the great state of Idaho. At heart I will always be small town girl but I am learning to love Maryland and all the fun it has to offer. My adorable husband is a mathematician and we have a daughter who is our little ball of sunshine.  We enjoy brewing our own beer, taking road trips near and far, attending Orioles games in the summer, and exploring DC. I love beautiful and imaginative toys, cloth diapers, babywearing, and creating adorable outfits for my daughter.

  Hi! I was born and raised in a small town in Southeast New Mexico. I attended college at NMSU and while waiting tables there at a Texas Roadhouse, I started dating a really cute waiter, who later became my husband. (and he still is, lucky me!) We were married in 2008 and moved the week after our wedding to Maryland where he could pursue professional opportunities and grad school. I quickly integrated into the arts community, and with my background found a job teaching dance and collaborating with local theater troupes in Columbia. I enjoyed that job for 4 years, during which time I became pregnant and found Greenberries in my quest to have SOMEONE teach me and the husband a thing or two about cloth diapers. Ever since that first class we sat in on, they have been my go-to source for all things maternity, baby, diapering, and more. Last year it became apparent that while I loved my students, my heart was drawn to a new life path. I trained to become a doula and started my own business operating as an independent doula in late fall. I finally feel at home and couldn't be happier. Being a work at home mom has it's challenges, but the rewards are tenfold and I wouldn't change a thing! In my hypothetical "spare time" I love to cook a good meal from scratch, volunteer as a Leader for the local Columbia La Leche League group, kick back with a glass of wine and a good movie, book, or video game, or spend a sunny day hiking, kayaking, and geocaching with my boys. I'm passionate about accessible birth choices, healthy pregnancy, real foods, and giving back. I'm thrilled to join the team at Greenberries and I can't wait to see what the coming year and beyond have in store!


Hi! I am Shannon, a bit of a health nut and compulsive organizer. I have two imaginative children and a patient & loving husband of 7 years. My brilliant daughter is Juliana, she is 7 years old and attends 1st grade in Howard County, Maryland. I have a 2 year old, sneaky toddler man, who loves all things pirate and robot. I am so very blessed to be able to stay at home with him while I work from home each day. Our family recently relocated to Maryland from Cocoa Beach, Florida where I was born and raised. Our reason for moving was part career change; part education improvement for our growing children. We are extremely happy with our choice and love the opportunities we have been given in such a short amount of time. My family and I enjoy being outdoors & exploring family friendly places and events that we can all be a part of. Being a part of the greenberries team was the perfect fit for me. I am able to meet moms in the area and interact with parents that have similar views on family, living and life. I came from a place of having little support from community to finding greenberries and realizing that resources are there for me and my family. It is refreshing to be a part of this movement, where parents are concerned for their children’s future and have genuine interest for sustainability and an organic, eco-friendly lifestyle. I am pleased to be able to help Rachel take greenberries to the next level and look forward to growing as a person and learning more about myself along the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment