Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Guest Blog Post: Capturing Our Real Life Moments



We were sitting in a yellow, cinderblock dorm room along with my roommate and several friends.  I was excited and nervous.  It was the second weekend of my freshman year of college and we had just met the previous weekend.  Our first conversation took place while I pet his german shepherd and ate the peanut butter and jelly sandwich he had prepared for me.  I like to tease him and say he won me over with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and a german shepherd.  But, I know better.  It was really his sweet nature, bust-a-gut sense of humor, and green eyes.  



That was 17 years ago in College Park.  College brought together the city boy and the country girl.   While he was growing up in the DC suburbs, I was living an hour and half north on a small farm in northern Harford County. 



Over the years, we got married. 



Traveled the world. 


Doubled the size of our family.



When you’re a lover of photographs, as I am, few material possessions mean more to you than these old family pictures.  I blame my Mom.  She’s super organized and has always kept up-to-date, well-documented family photo albums.  As a child, I spent many days flipping through these albums to see how we had changed over the years. 

Today, my appreciation for her photo organization continues now that I show my children photographs from my childhood.  Thanks to inspiration from my Mom, my husband and I also have many photo albums that document our wedding and travels around the globe as well as more recent photographs of our young family.  These precious images are not just for my husband and me, but for our kiddos (and kiddos’ kiddos) as well. 


I’m sure I’m not alone here.  I know many of you are also mothers and feel the same way about documenting your family’s everyday moments.  If you’re looking for some fresh inspiration for accomplishing that, check out my free guide - 5 Tips for Capturing Genuine Photographs of Your Children: How to Document the Real Life Moments of Their Childhood  During this time of year, as we start the countdown for Christmas, you’ll also receive my Insiders Guide to the Perfect Holiday Card: Whatto Wear, What to Write, Where to Print 


http://eepurl.com/AE7cX


Happy Documenting!



Pin It



Jennifer Krafchik, owner of Jennifer K Photography, has been a wife for eight years, a mama for three, and a professional photographer for two. Capturing life through her lens is one of her greatest obsessions and she looks forward to sharing this love with you each month. Keep up with her life as a mama to two little monkeys as well as her latest work and promotions by following her blog and Facebook page.



No comments:

Post a Comment