Thursday, August 15, 2013

Killing Cravings: A Healthier Cherry Limeade


I've been craving what used to be a summer staple for me: Sonic Cherry Limeade. I love that flavor, and it's so refreshing. But I've sworn off most sodas and have been trying to limit my sugar intake. It seems sugar's in EVERYTHING these days and our bodies just don't need to handle that much, so we've been cutting back and cutting down on sugars, which doesn't leave a lot of room for a Texas-size "splurge" of chemicals, syrups, and artificial colors, no matter how badly I want it.

Then that all changed last week when I discovered DRY Soda Company. It started with trying out their vanilla bean variety on a whim, then I thought "this could be the answer to my summer-long craving for cherry limeade I won't feel bad about putting in my body!" I really really REALLY wanted that cherry limeade. So I set out to make one that would be satisfying without being over indulgent. And it was sooooo good. Now I'm here to share it with you!

Ingredients:

1 bottle of DRY Wild Lime Soda (I found mine at the local Harris Teeter)
1 TBS organic lime juice (Juice your own or buy a bottle!)
1 TBS Crofter's Morello Cherry Spread (I love this stuff, and always have it. I get it at MOM's in Jessup)
Ice

Muddle the spread and lime juice in the bottom of a tall glass until they're well mixed. Add about half your soda slowly and stir it gently, then add the remainder. Top off with ice and enjoy!!

Want to see the difference? This is just for a Medium size at Sonic, though I don't ever have that much self-control when I order sodas, sadly. The difference is very impressive, and the cravings have been annihilated!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment