Wednesday, July 10, 2013

My two favorite times of the day




I love being a mom. I feel like it was my life plan. No mom knows all the answers and I believe that you just learn as you go. For me personally, I live, I learn, I move on, but I always remember what was learned. My kids teach me new things each and every day about life, themselves and also about myself. Waking up to this life everyday is a gift and a blessing and I remain thankful every day. 

That being said, my first favorite part of my day is when my kids wake up. I hear the pitter patter upstairs of my seven year old as she runs to my room each morning. She is so anxious to see mom and dad that she runs every morning to see us. After seven years, that never gets old. I love knowing how eager she is to start her day in this family and my heart smiles. 

My son is still in a crib so when I hear him chatting with himself as he wakes up with the rising sun, I peak in the door and catch him off guard. "I have sweet dweems mama!" he shouts at me as he sits up. I open his curtains and he tells me all of his favorite things that he wants to do that day. Being a work from home mom allows me to make sure his daytime wishes can come true and again I realize the blessing that is my life. 

My second favorite part of the day is the complete opposite. Bedtime. To me, it sounds horrible and selfish being a mom and being so happy about your kids going to bed. Being home with the children all day, I sometimes forget to drink water or eat a meal after making sure they both are fed and have everything they need. There are times that I realize the clothes my husband saw me wake up in the same attire that he comes home to me in. My kids follow me into the bathroom and stand on my feet while I cook breakfast, lunch and dinner. While I love having them with me all the time, I do feel like I neglect "me" till I have them safely tucked in bed and asleep. Only then can I take a relaxing bath or shower, read a magazine, watch a TV show that is not on Disney Jr., or clean up toys knowing they will stay in a bin for more than 7 minutes. When the kids are in bed at night, I know I kept them safe, healthy and happy for one more day. We made it, and tomorrow will come and we will go through the cycle all over again. I can't wait!

How do you feel? What is your mommy confession or confusion?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment